Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fabric Store Happiness

I finally had a chance to visit SewFisticated Fabrics, a fabric store in Somerville, MA. I haven't been to that fabric store since I lived in Somerville so it was at least 6 years. It kind of slipped my mind that it existed since I do most of my fabric shopping either at Joann's or from online fabric stores. SewFisticated shouldn't be forgotten though! It's amazing in there!



Firstly, they are inexpensive. I don't know how they do it, but you can find designer fabrics at incredible prices. Knits are $3.99 - $5.99 a yard and knit remnants are $1.99 a yard with a 2 yard minimum. I found Heaven and Helsinki there! I got a great cut of giant red flowers on a black jersey knit.


Quilting fabrics are $2.99 - $3.99 a yard and quilting cotton remnants are $2.49 a yard with a 2 yard minimum. I saw everything from basic batiks to Michael Miller designer prints. I got Boo a few cuts for back to school shirts.


I found denims for $1.99 a yard - I got two cuts for pants for Boo. I found wools for $5.99 a yard. Flannel are $3.99, home dec fabrics are $5.99, sweatshirt knits are $2.49, and shirtings are $3.99. It was just awesome!


They also have a giant array of dressier fashion fabrics the range from $3.99 - $8.99 a yard. They hav silks, rayon prints, satins, sequins, bridal fabrics, lace, dancewear...everything you could think of! I even snagged a few zippers which are sold there by the inch! Only $.05 per inch!


Clearly, I had a blast. I can't wait to go back. I focused on fabrics for Boo clothes this time but I have a sew-for-me project brewing for October and I KNOW I'll be heading back to SewFisticated to get some of my fabrics.


Oh, and I'd originally gone into SewFisticated as part of my quest to find some nice cotton twill without having to order it online. Sadly, cotton twill was the only thing I couldn't find there. I guess I'll be placing an order at Fabric.com after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment