Monday, August 12, 2013

My First Sew Along

How super is this?! While I'm no stranger to Knit-Alongs, this is my very first time participating in a Sew-Along and I'm really, really, excited.

The stash raid and some notions from the store.

When Melissa of Melly Sews and Blank Slate Patterns announced her Coastal Cargos Sew-Along last week, I decided to take the plunge and join in. I've been eying the pattern for those adorable cargo pants for a while and it seemed the perfect reason to bump them to the top of my queue. I downloaded the pattern, joined the Blank Slate Patterns Facebook Group, and raided my stash.

The pattern calls for a bottomweight type fabric so I chose a springy green cotton woven with a small amount of heft out of my stash. I also grabbed the zipper and the thread from stash.

Isn't it a cute print?!

I wanted a fun contrast print for pockets, linings, and homemade bias tape, so I went to the fabric store and found a great cotton print in the children's section. It's got all of Boo's favorite colors! I also think it will make great bias tape because the print is small, but large enough that it will look color blocked. We'll see if I'm right, but I have high hopes.

Cutting out pattern pieces...

So far I've printed the pattern, pieced it together, and cut out all of the pieces. I'm about to start making bias tape in preparation for the Sew-Along to start today.

Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment